Saturday, October 23, 2010

Puberty – the Teen years

Categories:

Puberty is the period of human development during which physical growth and sexual maturation occurs. The exact meaning for puberty is the period during which adolescents reach sexual maturity and become capable of reproduction. But it basically means growing up, maturing and developing. Another word for puberty is adolescence.
Puberty is also a stage of confusion for a child. Not an adult yet, but not a kid anymore. I remember when I had my first menstruation, I was at the school when I saw a blood on the back of my skirt, I was so confused at that time and didn’t know what to do. My older girl classmates accompanied me to the rest room and helped me wash the stain. When I went home, my mother was at work, it was only the housemaid that was there. I told her about it and she immediately took me to the bathroom and helped me showered, then she told me to jump three times. I forgot the reason why (perhaps an old myth), I just followed her and jumped. :)
It is better for parents to prepare their children for the changes they will encounter during their puberty stage, so they will know what to expect.  Offer some information why girls and boys are different, and why girls have started to develop breasts. Teen years is the age of turmoil and it is best to prepare your child and yourself for the bumpy ride ahead.
Signs of Change:
Girls:
  • Budding of breast
  • Growth of pubic hair
  • Possible hair growth under arms and on legs
  • Hip widening and buildup of fat
  • Faster growth of limbs
  • Arrival of  first menstruation
Boys:
  • Enlargement of the testicles
  • Growth of pubic hair
  • Hair growth on arms, legs, face
  • Faster growth of limbs
  • Broadening of shoulders
  • Weight and muscle gain
  • Cracking and deepening of voice
  • Frequent bouts of erection

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "Puberty – the Teen years"

Post a Comment